Enterprise labs let companies and scientists actively collaborate at the Fraunhofer Institute for Material Flow and Logistics IML and implement innovations »Made in Germany« in direct cooperation.
The common path from topic identification to the market-ready business case is in the focus. The symbiosis of theory and practice enables the implementation of ideas that are directly geared to the customer's business processes. Companies do not only require innovative concepts and technologies of the scientists – they develop them together.
With the Enterprise Lab Center, Fraunhofer IML created an environment where companies can live interdisciplinary cooperation with researchers. In addition to state-of-the-art manufacturing technologies (3D printing, SMD manufacturing, etc.), temporary workplaces are provided in modern coworking spaces for the project partners in order to cooperate on site in the lab teams.
This format serves medium-term, strategic cooperation for diverse and cross-sector research directly with the customer in Dortmund. This enables companies to closely participate in developingthe design of tomorrow's solutions.
- Access to current research and development
- Interdisciplinary, highly qualified teams for the laboratories
- Active contribution to designing the future research and development
- Use of the extensive research infrastructure (laboratories, experimental areas and workshops)
- Shortening time-to-market